Promotional post for the first CineSocial film club screening, in Olney, Buckinghamshire on Sunday 28 June 2015. Scroll down for booking details.
We are screening the satirical drama Birdman: Or The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance (2014) starring Michael Keaton, Edward Norton and Naomi Watts.
CineSocial, the new Olney film club (in association with Independent Cinema Milton Keynes) presents its first screening, on Sunday 28 June:
Birdman (Or the Unexpected Virtue Of Being Ignorant) 2014
Winner of the 2015 Academy Awards for:
Best Picture, Best Director, Original Screenplay & Cinematography
Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu
Starring: Michael Keaton, Zach Galifianakis, Edward Norton, Naomi Watts, Andrea Riseborough, Emma Stone.
Story: Michael Keaton stars as a washed-up actor, previously a star of successful comic-book films. To increase his artistic credentials, he’s staging a self-written play. But his attempts to resurrect his career are thwarted by the cast and crew, including the brilliant but volatile method actor Mike Shiner (Edward Norton).
González Iñárritu, the internationally acclaimed director of 21 Grams (2003) and Babel (2006), directs, co-writes and co-produces a satirical look at theatrical creation and the artistic temperament that has received widespread critical acclaim.
What the critics said:
Robbie Collins, Daily Telegraph
‘This is grand, spectacular, star-powered cinema – a cosmological blockbuster – that makes us ask again what cinema can do and be. Call it a Dark Knight of the soul.
Peter Debruge, Variety
‘A blisteringly hot-blooded, defiantly anti-formulaic look at a has-been movie star’s attempts to resuscitate his career by mounting a vanity project on Broadway.’
Booking your seats
- Tickets are £7 per seat
- Please use Eventbrite to book
- Contact us via email if there any issues with bookings: email@example.com Details about the screening
- The film will be screened on Sunday 28 June in the main hall at the Olney Centre
- Doors will open at 6:30pm, for a 7pm screening start
- A bar will be open for you from 6:30pm if you wish to purchase drinks
- You can pre-order drinks which will be ready for you at the intermission
- The intermission will last 30 minutes and is half-way through the film
- The film will finish at 9:30 but the bar will remain open until 10pm, so feel free to stay and talk about the film.
How to keep up to date
Feel free to share this invite!
We are on the look out for enthusiastic, movie-mad volunteers to help with future screenings. If this is you, email us now! firstname.lastname@example.org
About Independent Cinema Milton Keynes
Independent Cinema MK brings a wider variety of film to a wider variety of people in the city.
ICMK is based at MK Gallery in Central Milton Keynes developing the Friday Night Film Programme, its outreach and education projects.
Read more about their work and forthcoming events.